Friday, January 11, 2013

Find Your Peanut Butter & Jelly

I love to be surrounded by people so it makes sense that i like to workout with friends. I can't stress the importance of workout buddies!!! For me, It makes working out so much more fun. It's fun to laugh while you sweat and laughing burns calories in itself, so it's a win win situation! You motivate, encourage, and challenge each other to new levels. You stick together and make sure you keep on track! No more stopping mid-treadmill because you're tired....you've got someone relying on you to keep going!  I know i'm not going to be the first one to admit i'm tired, and i know my friend isn't either...so ultimately, we keep going ;)

Instead of skipping the gym and sleeping in until 8am i woke up at 5:45am because i knew a friend was going to be outside my house @ 6am picking me up! I wasn't going to stand her up when we had a gym date! I crawled out of bed, threw on my spandex and sweatshirt and ventured to the gym in the dark! Getting up is 1/2 the battle, but once i'm up and dressed there's no turning back! I'm not going to get dressed and ready and THEN change my mind to go back to bed. So if you get up, you've already made it past the toughest hurdle. The best thing about it....i was done before the sun came up! i was able to get more done than those who slept in, and that made me feel good and made me feel accomplished at 7 am!

When you do things that make YOU happy, you want to continue to do them. We're selfish like that ;) So even if you don't have a friend that goes to the same gym as you, next time you walk into a class, talk to someone!!! Get to know your workout groups and hold each other accountable. If they are there alone, that means they don't have a workout buddy either, right?!? Enjoy your Fun Fit Friday.

*challenge for this weekend: find your peanut butter and jelly buddy and stick together

No comments:

Post a Comment