Tuesday, January 15, 2013

The Early Bird Gets the Worm

Snooze button will be hit no longer, I have fallen in love with getting up early again! I used to be dedicated to hitting the gym before 6am but then i fell out of that routine and got used to sleeping in. Well, once again folks the alarm is set early. There's something about  rocking out your challenge, getting your sweat on and still being home before the rest of your family wakes or the sun rises...

I got home from the gym around 6:45 and the kitchen floor had been driving me nuts for days so with out little feet running behind me i quickly steamed cleaned the floor. Of course i pick the day where its been raining for the past 24 hours and isn't forecasted to stop until tomorrow....not sure how long that floor will stay clean but at least i can say it's one thing marked off the list this week. Was able to eat breakfast and tackle a few other things before my littlest decided to start his day.

Not only do a feel I am more productive on days I get up early, I cherish those 15 minutes in the car where there is total peace and quiet. It's a quiet time I get at no other point in the day and that in itself should be motivation to wake up early for me! The drive there I'm still waking up so not a lot of thinking going on then but those last 7 minutes on the ride home... I'm awake and ready to start my day. What better way to start the day than opening my heart and unloading my burdens onto my God so I can start my day fresh. I have a chance to clear my head and let Him refuel me for another busy day. I didn't have to crack my bible or sit still in a quiet corner for 30 minutes to hear from God this morning. I just had to stop my mind from thinking about all the things i need to get accomplished and simply focus on Him for a few minutes. I'm ready to tackle today and make it fantastic, rain or shine, it's a new day...it's my day. (it's your day)

♥ Wake up every morning, believing and expecting that today will be amazing.
Happy Tuesday Friends ♥


No comments:

Post a Comment