Wednesday Morning and my house looks like a bomb went off!!!
Options: Gym/Clean??? Neither seemed very appealing at the time.
Needless to say, the Gym won. Since i've started teaching my own fitness classes i haven't been going to our local gym very often so we've decided to stop our membership. So...next week it's over & i thought i'd squeeze in a few more workouts! The cleaning will be there when i get back!
So, just hit the gym for a totally intense workout & feel totally accomplished, now i need to tackle this house!
But first....i've got to refuel and feed my body to build those muscles!
Do you eat after your workouts???
What do you eat??
Some people think that when they work out they get a "free pass" to eat whatever they want…
This is not the case! You cannot out train a bad diet!
Make sure you're not overindulging on empty calories just because you worked out - this will cause your body to store that food as fat instead of using your post-workout food to refuel and repair your muscles. Make sure to take in complex carbs& lean proteins after your workout.
Here are some sample food combinations for your post exercise meal:
- Bread, a bagel, or an English muffin with cheese or peanut butter
- Cottage cheese with fruit
- Yogurt with fruit
- Veggie omelet with toast or roll
- Eggs and toast
- Turkey, ham, chicken, or roast beef sandwich
- Vegetable stir-fry with chicken, shrimp, edamame or tofu
- Crackers with low fat cheese
- Rice or popcorn cakes with nut butter
- Protein Shake (with milk, yogurt, & added protein powder)
- A protein or energy bar
If you haven't worked out yet, get to it! And then remember to eat!!! Your workout isn't over until you've refueled your body!